• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rotobrush slows down, then stops after trying to render simple short clips in Standard Def AND 1080p

Advocate ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't take this anymore.

The last few weeks, rotobrush decides not to work.

On 1080p and also 720p....

Just one simple outline of a mans face. Simple stuff. Smooth lines.

Same thing always happens.  It starts doing about 3 frames per second, chugs along fine, then gets slower, then eventually hangs, after about 10 seconds of timeline.

1) I cleared out the media disc caches.

2) I have 32 gb of ram,  gtx1050ti, ryzen 7  a decent set up, especially for Standard Def!!!

It's on cuda, installed the latest driver and still slow!!!

Only thing I've done was make the usual updates. 

I'm losing it.

any ideas????

I selected 2.0 and quality STANDARD  and it reacts the same if I pick BEST.

1.0 is  nightmare, never use it.   I used to use 2.0 and BEST, and it would outline and render in a snap.

Some new Adobe bug out there making people upgrade their GPU's  again?? I don't want to throw money at this problem.  My gpu and ram should work fine for this.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Freeze or hang , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Contributor , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

test out 18.1 and let me know if it works for you too...solved all of my roto problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Guys if anyone is having this problem please tell them to go to ver 18.1. The Adobe shills are on here telling everyone to do these crazy workarounds, and blaming you or your computer. Your computer is fine. No, the requirements haven't changed from an update they're still using the same engine from 1998. They broke roto and they need to know so they can fix it. Or Adobe will pretend like nothing happened and blame you for not doing a 3 hour workaround for your projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

You have to install after effects ver 18.1. you can do it by clicking on the creative cloud. Clicking on the three dots next to the open button and then other versions. Look for version 18.1 and install that. Don't worry it won't wipe any of your setting or projects. Then roto will magically work again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.... Seeing as the Premiere team is always doing updates (They just got a big update on Premiere). I'm just thinking the work ethic and environment In the After Effects department is different. They have nothing to compete with after effects so it's care free. Premier has to keep up with the competition. After effects has no competition so they could care less we have no where to go. As long as the developers aren't experiencing the technical difficulties we are they won't fix it. As soon as one of the devs can't do side work due to what we are experiencing they will fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2023 Dec 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am new to after effects and learning the rotobrushing.  My MacBookPro was having this issue, so I went and bought a brand new MacbookPro 16" with 36 gb ram.  I figured I would be golden.  Nope, still doing this.  I can't figure out how to go to a previous version of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v 18.1  should be in the adobe cloud...    Works great.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to 18.1! This also worked for me! And Im on a Macbook 15" i7 16gb ram, 4gb graphic.

with the latest update it took 24h to propagate a 3sec clip. And now I dont need to worry about it. This is a complete mess from Adobes side. I Don't think this is accaptable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new student at TAFE and have this issue on a 23 second (60fps) clip, but I don't see any option to download 18.1...even cutting pieces to a couple of seconds, this brush slows to a crawl, and also takes a long time updating after a brush stroke change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too was facing the same issue, and trying for hours to get it working. I upgraded from After Effects v18.4 to After Effects v22 (October 2021 release), and the Roto-brush did it work superfast. Quite impressed... finally! :)(:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines