• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Salads folder (Solids folder)

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont really know how to start with this thread...

over the last few years Ive noticed some weird behaviour with After Effects 2020 naming my "Solids" folder (the place where all my soilds and nulls etc get placed) into "Salads"....

This might sound like im joking here... But im not.

This is fine and I dont care really if the devs have some fun and play around with the software sometimes. I mean they've done such a good job writing this extremely solid, stable, responsive, compatible piece of useable software, they have every right to have a bit of fun and make silly folder name changes.

My issue is that, now when i right click on a folder and click the "Solids Folder" it wont work. Every folder is now a "Salads Folder"

felixs17274976_0-1653401886713.png

felixs17274976_1-1653401909638.png

And If i make a new Salad by going "Layer > New > Solid" it makes it into this top folder...

felixs17274976_3-1653401986930.png

How do I make my Salads folder just one folder and ideally, how do I rename it "Solids" again?

Imagine writing this in the Resolve Fusion/Foundry Nuke forums... pfffffft

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds more like this is an issue with some system level spell check or accessibility function interfering and correcting things if AE is installed in a different language than the OS language. That would be my first place to look. Everything outside that would require proper system info, anyway, which you haven't provided so far.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a preference you should look at.
Preferences>New Project>New Project Solids Folder
What does yours say? Mine is set to "Zolids" because that's how I like to tuck them away. 🙂 

Szalam_0-1653430643378.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt know about this setting and I had never touched it. However, my fix for the issue was opening the project in AE 2022 and then re-saving it and then opening it in 2020 again. That fixed the problem, so I guess its a bug that was solved sometime between 2020 and 2022. Thanks for the reply! Learnt something new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not the only one experiencing this problem, but you are the only post I could find about it. I just noticed it on two computers here:
macOS 12.5
AE 22.4.0 (Build 56)

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.58.11.png

Windows 10 Pro 21H2
AE 22.3.0 (Build 107)

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.57.34.png

And if I look at Preferences/New Project:

Screen Shot 2022-08-02 at 11.59.09.png

Both copies of AE are installed through Creative Cloud, with different Adobe accounts. Forgive me if I haven't provided proper system info, @Mylenium - given that it was occurring on completely different systems I wasn't sure what info would even be relevant here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathon254933235zd6,

What's your system language? Could you try resetting the preferences of After Effects on one of your machines? Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System language on both computers is set to English (US). I reset the preferences on macOS, and it now correctly labels the folder "Solids". What in the preferences file might be responsible for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects only uses folder names that the user specifies.

Are you running the third party plugin Duik?  While I have not seen it rename the Solids folder "Salads", it's an example of how folder names in the Project tab might change unexpectedly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never specified a unique folder name on either machine, and in fact
Preferences/New Projects shows "Solids" already. Neither machine is running
Duik. The Windows machine does have several third-party plugins, but the
Mac does not.

Jonathon 

(PII removed by moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening in a particular project? Was this project created by someone else? Maybe a template? The custom folder name is carried with the project. If the author of the project changed the name of the folder, you'll see it at your end when you open the project.

Let us know if that's not the case.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu,

Nope, this is happening in brand new projects, with no template loaded. Screenshot of the Windows setup:

Screen Shot 2022-08-05 at 15.12.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines