Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save cs5 projects as CS4 Compatible

Apr 18, 2010 Apr 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have plans to acquire AE CS5, but need to know about the projects I made in AE CS5 on my home PC,  can be saved so they can be opened in AE CS4 on my work ?

And the same questions about Premiere CS4 and CS5..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I notice 2 things.

1) It's not actually out yet. (so it's not taking zero time to develop)

and

2) Nobody from Adobe said it couldn't be done. They're just saying not enough people have screamed for it yet to justify them tasking an engineer (or two or three) to do it.

As a software engineer by trade my guess is it's easier for these guys to track the number of unique individuals requesting a particular feature than it is to scrape forum postings for the same data. Keep in mind that just because you really, really, really, want it and took the time to submit a feature request doesn't mean anyone else bothered to.

Case in point. I really, really, really wanted a PS3 with PS2 backwards compatibility. But all the folks buying up the non-compatible ones without complaining tells SONY people like me are in the noise.

They aren't saying it's impossible. They're just saying unless droves of people are vocally beating them over the head for it in a way their marketing and development guys can track and speak to they don't really have a solid business case for doing it.

When this 3rd party tool does come out it will be interesting to see how it fares. If the developer does it right  maybe Adobe will adopt it as a plugin they ship with by default like they did Keylight.

Then everybody is happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as an observation, this thread has had almost 6000 views - by far one of the most viewed topics within this Forum.

Which suggests it is most certainly a topic of major interest to users.

Hopefully that data will be taken on board by the AE team.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andrew, you nailed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please do something !!! we do not use fancy options. Display a msg telling that many of new the CS5 features won't show in CS4.. but make it happen !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is an important feature for you, then enter a feature request. The number of requests that we get for a feature does influence the likelihood of that feature being included

I've just entered my feature request.  I hope it actually happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines