Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving After Effects CC for CS5.5 use

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2013 Aug 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

This might be a stupid question, but how do you save an After Effects CC project so that it can open/be used in CS5.5?

I know that InDesign has something called an IDML file, is there something similar in After Effects?

I'd appreciate the help.

Best,

Ronald

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still looking into this. One of our Technical Support folks is looking into this, too, trying to determine what the current recommended way to get the CS6 software is. He should be reporting back here soon.

In the meantime, you can use the download links here:

Download CS6 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Todd, I already manage to find the same link as you, and

downloaded already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bench514,

Glad you found and downloaded the application from that page.

In addition to that link, you should be able to download CS6 applications from Creative Cloud for desktop.

1. Open Creative Cloud for desktop.
  2. Click "Apps"
  3. Scroll down to "Find New Apps"
  4. Click "Sort Apps By" in the adjacent menu
  5. Choose "Previous Version"
  6. Click the Install button of the application you wish to download
  7. Choose "CS6"
  8. The application will begin to download

Personally, I had to reboot my computer to have these options. Try that if you have trouble with the steps I just listed.

Another way to reach the CS6 downloads page is to do the following:

1. Go to adobe.com
  2. Scroll the mouse to view the adobe.com "footer"
  3. Click Downloads, the "CC Product Trials" page launches
  4. Click "Other Downloads"
  5. On the Other Downloads page, click "CS6"
  6. The CS6 downloads page launches

I was also able to find CS6 applications by clicking the Search link and entering "Download CS6" in the search pod. The top result in the search is "Download CS6 applications." If you click that link, it leads you to the page to download CS6 applications.

I have raised this issue with my team. We hope to have CS6 applications more discoverable from adobe.com in the future.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ronnie, the two step process will definitely work (once you can get CS6 installed on your machine), but of course, once you upgrade to the 2014 version of CC it'll become a 3-step process!  If you're willing to shell out for a script, there's Open Sesame, which condenses the whole thing to a one-step process.  http://aescripts.com/pt_opensesame/   I haven't used it yet myself, but was definitely considering it when I ran into a similar issue on a project last month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines