Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale doesn't resize layer when on Vector: Continously Rasterize

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

I have imported an AI file into AE and WITHOUT the 'Vector: Continously Rasterize' checkbox checked, I can scale the layer with the selection tool (make it skinny, wider and so on)

but

when the Vector: Continously Rasterize' checkbox IS checked, I cannot scale the layer even though the scale line states different scaling percentages,

I want to continously rasterize and change the scale at the same time.

Video Below

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You completely misunderstand the process. Enabling CR will of course do nothing for an effect like CC Sphere. Technically, the source dimensions of the layer don't change, so the effect has nothing more to process. You need to educate yourself about these things, including the transform order. The only way to get your map larger is to create a larger pre-comp and that is that.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of being passive aggressive to the OP and saying things like "You need to educate yourself about these things, including the transform order."

OP came to the forums for an answer and the OP is trying to educate themselves with someone giving them an answer.

Maybe give the OP a logical reason why CC sphere can not be scaled when the option is checked opposed to when CC sphere is not applied.

You come across as a major know it all douchebag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend that you learn After Effects fundamentals by reading the After Effects Apprenctice book. Without knowing the fundamentals, evertyhing you do will be difficult or confusing. It's not the kind of app you can pick up intuitively.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/After-Effects-Apprentice-Real-World-Aspiring/dp/1138643084/ref=sr_1_1?dchil...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh shut up with your affiliate selling.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines