Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scale solid or shape to text lenght or heigth/amout of lines

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm creating a template in After Effects which my customer can easily use in Premiere Pro. The template is a lower third that can be used in interiews or something similar. The lower thirds consists of (obviously) text and a background.

Because it's a template I need it to be responsive. I'm looking for a way to scale the background accordingly to the text length and heigth/amout of lines. But it also has to remain the same margins on the top/bottom/left/right. I was thinking about an expression to solve this. Anyone who has experience and is able to help me out?

I've Googled and YouTubed it but without any succes.

Thanks in advance!

Mitch

TOPICS
Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would think sourceRectAtTime() plus a bit of maths relating to comp width and height v layer width and height would be the way to go.

Evan Abrams has a useful intro tutorial here:

SourceRectAtTime() Expression- Adobe After Effects tutorial - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your awnser! I'll take a look at it.

Hopefully this will work as a template in Premiere since people seem to have problems with it when the use it in PP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines