Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling a Shape Layer (Rounded Rect) from One Side - NOT using Layer Transform

Explorer ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everybody,

I have a situation where I want to scale a rounded rectangle (round blob) from one end. However, the shape layer only wants toscale from center, and I can't use stanard scaling because it make the blob all falt and wonky. 

Is there some kind of fix or expression to lock the shape layer to one side while scaling as the shape path only? I've tried moving the anchor point and it just resets every time. I've also tried to conert the shape into a bezier path...same thing. 

TOPICS
Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Substract or add half the rectangle width in the shape's position.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't quite folow what you mean. I tried anchoring to a null as well. That didn't jive. So I just animated the points in order for the rounded rectangle line to scale from one side. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines