• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scaling Pre-Comp losing resolution

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working all day on a wide tracking shot that shows a character moving from the sidewalk into a driveway to the front door from the side. I have been stabilizing it by both tracking points, manual rotation, and 2% warp stabilizer as I don't want the clip to crop too much.

Each transform I did in a different composition:

Comp 1: Scaled to 84%, manual rotation for the horizon line;

Comp 2: Single point track on the character (x-axis only);

Comp 3: Rescaling, and manual Y-axis keyframing;

Comp 4: 2% smooth warp stabilization (for the small jitters)

This issue here is that pre-composing the footage scales down the resolution, not just the clip size.

TL;DR

Is there any way to scale down footage in a pre-comp and scale the pre-comp up without loss in resolution?

If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

if you press the collapse transformations switch for your precomps, then information from the precomp will pass through to the master comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2019 Jun 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you press the collapse transformations switch for your precomps, then information from the precomp will pass through to the master comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a very old response but i just want to thank you so much you saved so much hustle for a lot i'm sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines