selecting text with cursor omits last character

Participant ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using my cursor to highlight text, the last character will always be omitted from the selection. See my example video. AE version 22.2.0, Windows 10, latest Nvidia Driver 

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could win the "unexpecte behavior of the day".

What happens if you double-click to select the text?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, yes haha. Double click does the trick fine and grabs the whole line, but the manual approach isn't working 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any thoughts to what could be causing this? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure.  It's odd.  It's hard at this point to know if it's the mouse driver, the font, After Effects, Windows, or something else.

After you've done the click and drag, you can also should be able to use shift down arrow if you were going left to right with your mouse and shift up arrow if you were going for right to left to complete the selection.

Have you seen this happen in Photoshop, Illustrator, or Premiere Pro as well?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seems to only happen inside AE. I can highlight text anywhere outside of AE with no issue I have seen. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, seems to happen no matter the font used. There are rare times it works fine, but mostly, it will garvitate to behaving this way as seen in my example video.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this kind of issue, resetting the preferences is probably a good place to start.

You can sync and then clear your settings.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/using/sync-settings.html

Or manually move the preferences file (Preferences > General > Reveal Preferences).

If that clears the unexpected text selection issue, you can create new settings and do a new sync or you can restore the synced settings (but a restore may bring the issue back).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deleting prefs (no migration) did not work. I also installed the prior version of AE and then back to current without migrating and still have the same issue. Checked mouse and Nvidia drivers are up to date. No clue where to get from here. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*where to go from here

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delayed response, JBrown321.

Thanks for reporting this. We're able to reproduce the behavior at our end. We've filed a bug for this so that it can be fixed in future updates. Sorry for the iinconvenience

Let us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah that's great news! Thank you so much for taking the time and effort looking into this! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw a new updsate yesterday but didn't not see the fix listed yet. Has the adobe team found a solution yet and is there any timeline as to when this fix will come? Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update out but still no fix. Is Adobe working on this? 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem here. Waiting for Adobe's solution...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to see that this has been ackonowledged as it's driving me insane!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines