• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape shedding rough particles and fractal textures

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. How can I make a black shape look like it is shadding rough particles? I have Trapcode Particular but can't get it to work how I want. I would like it to look like small fragments of this shape are flaking off. The shape should always remain the same size though. Any ideas lovely people?

Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 23.33.11.png

2. I also have this texture I would like to animate. I've tried using fractal noise, I've also tried using the texture image and adding a wiggle teamed up with posterize time. But it didn't look quite right. It should feel scratchy and orgainic. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 23.38.21.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this reference, the first thing I'd consider is using multiple emitters. don't think that all of the shedding has to come from one particular generator or layer.  Also, don't assume that your generating area has to be the same size as the square shape that you're referencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the first effect could easily be achieved with layers of Fractal Noise, Roughen edges and expanding animated glows with no real particles even to be seen. It would just be quite an undertaking to tweak all settings and animate everything since even tiny value changes could have a huge visual impact. Otherwise what Ko said applies: Don't even assume that the particles would have to emit from the original shape. Same for the second texture - you're going to need layers and layers of effects with different settings, not just a single one.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines