Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing Automation Blocks scripts

Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I got a very newbie question

I've made several custom script tools for my team and once I shared with them, they are claiming that the Automation Blocks API wasn't found so it couldn't run the script.

I've exported the script as Jsx file, as I thought it would generate a script file like the others we use on AE.

If they install the Automation Blocks trial version will solve this issue? If so, when the trial expires, how they can continue using my scripts?

Thanks for reading my message

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricardo,

Automation Blocks scripts only run on machines, where Automation Blocks is installed and licensed. Installing the trial will fix the issue, but after the trial expired, your team members have to purchase and install a license.

If we would allow a general jsx export, any Automation Blocks user could share all tools in the Automation Blocks library with the whole world for free. In order to stay profitable and support the product for a long time, we therefore require anybody who wants to run Automation Blocks tools to purchase a license.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I understand your point. Although asking for the user to invest $200 just to run the scripts may sound a bit overwhelming.

For example, I've 3 members on my team, that would be an extra investment of $600 and none of them will ever touch the scripting part. My suggestion would be have a specific license just to have the API installed, so you guys still have profit while having a more approachable fee for those who just want to use the scripts 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's an interesting suggestion. We will definitely keep this in mind for future releases but have no plans for an API-only tool in the near future.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines