• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shatter not working properly

Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I put shatter on a video that is by itself shatter works fine. When I split the video in 2 and delete the longer portion I then put the remaining bit of video to the beginning of the timeline. When I apply shatter to that clip the effect looks like it had already "shattered". Does shatter not like split layers?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you split a layer that has a simulation effect based on time the effect does not reset when you split the layer. This applies to Particle systems as well.

The thing that makes a layer shatter is the Force applied. You can animate the position, depth, size, and strength of Force 1 or Force 2, or you can use an animated gradient to shatter a layer. That is how you control the timing. All of this information is available as well as much more if you just type "shatter" in the Search Help field in the top right corner of After Effects. Don't use the Help menu, use Search help to find documentation on all of the effects that come with AE or any procedural or UI problem you may be having. It's a lot faster than using the forums and you'll get more detailed answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines