Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

slow to use...very slow.

Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have never posted.  I love AE but it doesn't love me!

All else seems to be working fine on my laptop.  AI, PSD, etc.  I was told by a computer person that my memory space is too small for working on AE.  What I read on the web agrees with him.  I just got off the phone with Apple and they think my amount of memory is just fine.  The only program on my computer that is working like it was 20 year ago is AE.  I am very upset.  I just love what I can do!  What are your thoughts. I have attached screen shots that may help?Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 8.08.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-11 at 8.08.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-11 at 8.08.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-11 at 8.07.39 AM.png

TOPICS
Expressions , FAQ , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is very memory hungry. A larger memory can improve speeds, since the computer don't have to swap data from memory to hard drive that often (and this swap took a while and block cpu from working, since it's waiting for data).

If you are working a lot with AE, you better upgrade to 32, or even 64GB of RAM.

"The only program on my computer that is working like it was 20 year ago is AE" - yeah, sadly we have to consider this as normal. Adobe is currently working on multi-frame rendering (already available in beta), so maybe there is hope...

*Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Change your memory allocation to 4 for other apps and 12 for Adobe. Adobe apps do not like odd numbers of GB of ram. What are the GPU settings for your Project. It's the first tab in Project Settings.

What is going on in your comp? What's the frame rate, the frame size, and the comp resolution settings?

I have a very similar system but it is two years older. Things are running just fine. The latest beta release is pretty amazing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines