• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smoke Bomb

Participant ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a project where I need to make a smoke bomb go off, I have looked on YouTube and stuff, but I am not finding anything, also I can't get any stock footage unless it is free, I don't have money to buy the stock footage, but the smoke bomb I am thinking of is like when Batman throws the bomb, and a bunch of smoke comes out, and its pretty hard to see everything, but you can still slightly see it, let me know if you know how to do this, and Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

This video will show you guys a free way to do it, Just don't try to copy everything he does, and make sure that it fits what you want the image to look like Good luck to all of you  

After Effects Tutorial - How To Make Smoke - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used this site, but I ran across it:

10 Free Smoke Stock Videos - The Beat: A Blog by PremiumBeat

by going here:

free+smoke+motion+backgrounds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a tough row to hoe.  Are you asking for places to find free stock footage of smoke bombs, or how you blend the footage or both?

Try Surfaced Studio, the semicrazy German guy who lives in Australia, he does a lot of effects tailored to the bang-bang, shoot-shoot genre. I seem to recall he did a tutorial about smoke, fire and explosions that might be just what you need.  He's very competent, unlike many of the tutorials on YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just looking for a way to do it, I look at the person that you are saying is good for tutorials, Thanks!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any answers really depend on the art style of what you're working on.  Who really has time to start sifting through all the incarnations batman looking for smokebomb.  You know what you want so why make us guess?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Thanks for replying!!! I did figure it out, I searched a little longer, for a tutorial and found a decent one......It does not look as professional as I would like, but I don't have a budget, and it looks pretty good, so I am just glad to have figuerd it out; basicly the scene was Batman being mad at a Stormtrooper, so he decides to leave, and he throws a smoke bomb, and he leaves with the smoke going on, so the Stormtrooper does not know he left......I did get it to look how I wanted, so there is no need to guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it worked out.  Next time you might link to a video of something similar to what you want.  Telling us it's batman angry at a storm trooper tells us nothing. In fact that's really irrelevant information.

Also you might consider sharing how you achieved it.  So if someone else comes along searching for how to make an angry batman smoke bomb, they can refer to this thread.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will link the video that helped me right now, I just have to say one thing about the video, and yes I did not give enough information, I should have linked a video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This video will show you guys a free way to do it, Just don't try to copy everything he does, and make sure that it fits what you want the image to look like Good luck to all of you  

After Effects Tutorial - How To Make Smoke - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surfaced Studio has a very good tutorial and links to four or five stock video sites each with a limited selection of free smoke, fire and explosions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will defiantly check those out too..............Its funny I have seen some of Surfaced Studios videos, even before you mentioned it on this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines