• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

solution needed

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am new to after effects and need a solution to my problem. i am creating an annimated video and the client wants me to drop 28,000 bottles from a truck into a landfill. the bottles then need to stay in the landfill after they drop. 

I dropped a bunch of bottles manually (positioning, rotating etc) but need to find an easier and less time consuming way to do it. can someone help me with this please?

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Thanks, Rick! Since my landfill is kinda small it is hard to see the bottles as whole. 

So i just manually positioned and rotated about 10 bottles and then just precomposed those 10 layers and kept making copies of it. I will share what I did for feedback. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2023 Dec 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would explore using Trapcode Particular and set the Particle to a Bottle Graphic. You might also want to look at Newton. A couple of years ago, I used Particular to run thousands of boxes of cookies down a highway as they fell from a delivery truck. 

To suggest an effective and efficient workflow, we need a detailed shot description or, better yet, the actual shot of the landfill. Trying manually animate twenty-eight thousand individual layers is not even something Pixar, Sony Visual Effects, or Disney would do. You need to use a particle generator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2023 Dec 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Rick! Since my landfill is kinda small it is hard to see the bottles as whole. 

So i just manually positioned and rotated about 10 bottles and then just precomposed those 10 layers and kept making copies of it. I will share what I did for feedback. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines