• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some frames render, then it goes blank

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perplexing problem for days and new project files on end, and I can't get to the bottom of it.

The first five seconds render, then it just stops showing any keyframes I've made. In fact, it is blank.  If I scrub the time on a frame with that effect, it shows up.  Under full res preview it does not.  Auto preview, it plays.  Back to Full Res and Render - settings are very normal - and it's blank after the initial time.

- I have trashed my prefs
- I have manually cleared out temp files and cache files, the media cache, the database.
No luck.

There are no third-party plugins or extensions involved.  There is an Adobe text preset in a few layers that doesnt even render the text or the image behind the text.  But in the first 5 seconds, it does.

Attached is a still frame screenshot showing the stencil luma wipe working.
Attached is a still frame screenshot showing the text on the layer below it.

RAM Preview won't show this.  And the render also will not.

Ryzen 7 16-core
2 x NVIDA 1080
Windows 10

It always worked.  But in the last 2 weeks even nested comps showed up as black and that isn't even that in this case.

Some throw me a lifesaver, please!   🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Thanks guys.  For starters, I resolved the problem.  I do not know why it was there.  I was using a null to resize elements in the separate slide comps.  I deleted that and did it manually.  I also re-imported the png sequence (a brush stroking top to bottom) that would be used as a reveal alpha to the layer under it.  The text also now renders.  3 super simple layers and not much to write home (this forum, hah hah) about.  I flipped my updated Nvidia drivers from Game to Studio as it's better f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cropped screenshots that don't show us any of the modified properties of the problem layers do not help diagnose the problem. Select the problem layer, press 'uu' to reveal all modified properties on the layer or layers, then take a screenshot of the entire UI so we can see what you are dealing with. It will also help if you have the Comp with the problem selected in the Project Panel so we can see your settings. 

When you have the screenshot, copy and paste it to your reply, don't attach it. That way we can see it, even on mobile devices, without downloading; then give us the system, AE version, workflow, and design goal details so we can help you figure out what is going on.

The most likely potential causes of your problem include a lack of system resources, unsupported GPU or GPU driver problems, MP4 source footage that might be variable frame rate, and improper layer settings. For example, guide layers will preview but they don't render.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Rick says, it's most likely a hardware issue.  Try updating your graphics card drivers and switch to software render only by going to File ... Project Settings.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys.  For starters, I resolved the problem.  I do not know why it was there.  I was using a null to resize elements in the separate slide comps.  I deleted that and did it manually.  I also re-imported the png sequence (a brush stroking top to bottom) that would be used as a reveal alpha to the layer under it.  The text also now renders.  3 super simple layers and not much to write home (this forum, hah hah) about.  I flipped my updated Nvidia drivers from Game to Studio as it's better for content creation, ok fine. ALl my software and drivers are up to date unless I read about a limitation.

But I have a sneaky feeling that the png sequence (now 30 FPS in this comp) that I borrowed from a different AE Project might have had a different FPS.  Just a guess until I check.  I appreciate Rick's and Cactus' points of suggestions.  Wholesale software rendering pref had no effect, nor did the swapping of drivers.  Once I started anew by re-importing the PNG Seq, all things cleared up.

I roast coffee, the really really good coffee.  (www.elevatedroast.com)  And I like to create Instagram videos for my promotions.  So I am tipping my cup to you guys.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines