Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Speed Graph Handle Curves

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

I'm still pretty new to After Effects and I've been practicing with animating AI. files. Something that I'm struggling with is the speed graph. I want to change the curvature of my graph to more of a "S" shape but the key frame handles won't move. The key frame goes up and down but I can't control the curve. 

Here's what I have now:

KBowKustom_0-1656454171419.png

Here's what happens when I try moving the handles:

KBowKustom_1-1656454208528.png

The first thing that comes to mind when explaining what I want to do is the pen tool. How you're able to adjust the curves by moving the handles around diagonally and what not. Like this:

KBowKustom_2-1656454349451.png

My current keyframes are set to easy ease. How can I get the handles to move the same way as a pen tool handle?

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Speed graph handles are not bezier handles. They control the entry and exit speed only. To get the lines to curve the way you want you to have to change the time between keyframes and watch out for spikes in the speed. Maybe this tutorial I did a while ago will help:

My After Effects Quick Tips

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Speed graph handles are not bezier handles. They control the entry and exit speed only. To get the lines to curve the way you want you to have to change the time between keyframes and watch out for spikes in the speed. Maybe this tutorial I did a while ago will help:

My After Effects Quick Tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Rick,

Sorry for the delayed reesponse, I didn't see the email notification til now. Thank you SO much for sharing your tutorial video. That's exactly why I'm learning video editing, it goes beyond words and pictures most of the time ;).

By the way, you deserve WAY more views and followers on your Youtube channel! Very helpful and to the point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines