• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Installing Cinema4d on My PC

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime there's an update on any adobe product or the client i see Cinema 4d Installed back on my PC.
I do not use it, i do not use 3d functionalities on AE, and i keep removing it.
1) It should not be autoinstalled without the user opting in for the installation in the first place.
2) once removed it should stay that way.
3) i do not even see when it gets installed. every other software asks me to approve the installation (through windows defender) while this is not.
4) This might actually be illegal in europe https://www.researchgate.net/publication/264822114_Tying_and_bundling_Applying_EU_competition_rules_...

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why you be so upset about C4D lite being installed on your computer?  

And I garauntee that your demand for Adobe to "STOP" doing it will not be satisfied anytime soon.

So it seems your options are A) Learn to live with C4D installed on your computer. B) Keep uninstalling it with every update. C) Call the cops and report Adobe's "possibly illegal" antics, or  D) Stop using After Effects

BTW what about the stuff Adobe installs on your computer without explicit permission that you DO use?

Why are you so worked up only about C4D lite?

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can get worked up on one thing at the time.
Now it's gonna be C4D and i don't see why i shouldn't.
I don't want it cause i don't use it, nor i use the features in AE that it is used for.
I don't want it to take space on my computer.
Bundling and Tying is illegal in Europe.
If you like it this way, i don't think it's gonna be a problem for you cause you won't uninstall it.
I don't want to uninstall stuff on every AE update that i've not expicitly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guidos50720937,

Sorry for the trouble.

I'll share your feedback with the engineers. You can create a post on the After Effects UserVoice to get some more eyes: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects.

Feel free to reach out if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nishu, thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
This is more Legal Team material than it is for the Engineers team.
Since, as i mentioned what you are doing is illegal in the UE especially without users opting in for the installation.
However, the fact that i uninstalled it 5 times now and i never reinstalled AE2020 is even more concerning, because it means this gets installed either when AE gets updated or when windows gets updated (as it happened today, i restarted the computer afer downloading some windows updates and C4D was back in)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines