• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke reveal issue

Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, every time I go back to one of my comps the stroke effect, seems to stop working. It is meant to simply draw in the network bars. The graphic is made in illustrator. Stroke sequentially seem to switch it's self back on. Very bazaar.  I can get it to work by switching it off. But It switches back on again.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any expressions involved somewhere? Otherwise I'd simpoly copy & paste the masks to shape layer paths and use that stroke stuff with a TrimPaths modifier... seems like it would sufficiently do the trick in your simple setup.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No expressions, 

But something did come to mind. The layer order in illustrator may have changed, slightly. This might of confused it.

I have gone back and checked the illustrator, tried reloading the layers. Seems ok at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us posted if it happens again.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It was still a problem. 

I suspect it is the changing of layer orders (in illustrator) and changing the pivots in After effects. Kind of got its knickers in a twist.  In the end, I just masked on the line (in a conventional way) without using a stroke. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines