• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stroke width not showing on path

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to after effects and following some basic tutorials. I have created a path within a shape layer and I am trying to make the path visible by increasing the stroke width. For some reason though nothing changes? I have checked the opacity, made sure the layer is visible and above all the other layers. 
Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 17.47.25.pngScreenshot 2021-01-19 at 17.54.13.png

I also tested drawing a path on a new compostion which seems to work 🤔

Screenshot 2021-01-19 at 17.57.54.png

Any help is appreciated thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you check the opacity of the Shape Layer and the opacity of the Path, both? I suggest that you create the Shape Layer or the Shape directly with the Pen tool (G), there you see all the options of the Shape you are working with, in your screenshot I don't see the properties of Transform: Shape 1. Also, if you want is to make a fly fly you could use the Motion Sketch tool (menu Window / Motion Sketch panel) to make random movements yourself with the mouse, then you go to the Layer / Transform / Auto-Orient menu ... and voila! you already have a cute animated fly and more realistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like you have a motion path selected.  I say this because of all those little dots along the path.  Notice those dots aren't there on the one that worked, just the three vertices of the path.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines