Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stroke width - scaling

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am trying to scale a rectangle asymettrically and trying to keep the same stroke.

I am using this expression to keep it so, but if I disalble the proportion chain and keep y 100% this happens.

Any idea why?

thanks in advance 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

expression ---> value / length(toComp([0,0]), toComp([0.7071,0.7071])) || 0.001;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it looks like the expression is forcin the stroke somehow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Scale to change the shape of a rectangle, then the stroke proportions will change. If the Rectangle is a Parametric shape with a size value, you just change the size, and the stroke will stay constant. 

If the Rectangle is a vector path, you have to use a complex expression to change the size of the path based on a slider or point controls, or you have to select the vector path and use the Transform tool to change the size manually.

Attached files are a pain to look at. Please embed them by dragging them to the reply field or using the toolbar. Cropped screenshots that don't show us the modified properties of the problem layers are pretty useless for diagnosing problems. I am only guessing that the rectangle you are showing is a Parametric shape created with the Rectangle tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Move the stroke outside the path group so it is applied after the transform.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines