• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Super Slow After Effects on Mac Studio M1 Ultra

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is AE so slow on M1 Ultra? It barely runs on my machine. So much worse than my Macbook Pro (intel). I almost can't even use it and I'm getting very frustrated. Am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be something going on at your end.  I'm using a Macbook Pro 16" M1 Max, and the speed in AE is amazing!  

Can you provide more info about your setup - exact specs of your machine, any third party hardware or software you're using etc.  

Make sure you're using the latest Mac OS, latest version of AE etc.  If you have any third party plugins, check to see you have the lastest versions and those plugins are M1 compatible.  Check to make sure AE is running natively, not under Rosetta.

Screen Shot 2022-09-13 at 3.09.30 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Studio M1 Ultra.
Clean factory setup. Right now I'm not using any plugins whatsoever. The first time I set it up I migrated everything from my MacBook Pro (intel). When things got frustrating, I wiped the Studio clean and did a new factory setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Andrew, as one of the people struggling with an almost unuseable After Effects on a Macbook Pro M1 Max, I'd appreciate if you could share what your setup is that works for you. If you've found the sweet spot in the combination of OS and After Effects version, disk cache setup etc, please let us know!

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines