• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text alignment similar to Adobe Express "magic"?

Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects learner here. I am still experimenting with the various text options and don't know if this is possible or easy. Maybe I just missed the button somewhere? I like the magic text alignment in Adobe Express (see example below). It justifies the text and adjust font height/size per line so that it justifies stylishly. Is there a way to automatically align text this way in After Effects?. That way I can use text animation presets on text with this alignment. I realize I could do it manually with separate text boxes, but aside from it taking much longer, it would also be difficult (I think? maybe?) to animate all the text as one unit. Is this possible, and if so, how? Thanks!

Example of the text alignment I like:

textalignmentAE.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can easily animate such stuff as one block by simply pre-composing it. Otherwise AE has no such function built-in functions and there will always be limitations in creating and editing it. Scripts like TypeMonkey (and possibly other "Monkey" scripts) can help if you care to spend the cash:

https://aescripts.com/typemonkey/

Otherwise indeed you'll have to set up the text manually and apply whatever presets, text animators and so on individually and adjust their timing to create the illusion. Easy enough to do for your eleven lines of text, but of course it could turn into quite a bit of work if you need to do it often and for lots of text.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines