• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Effects in Effects menu missing!

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I went to use a text effect, typewriter specifically. Basically my whole effects menu for text (Effect>Text) is missing: there is only "Numbers" and "Timecode" options. The text presets are inside the right folder, just not showing.

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 11.51.45 am.png

So far I have tried:

1. Restarting After Effects (including checking if it's an issue in other file)

2. Restarting Mac

3. Deleting the Switchboard File

4. Moving text presets out of folder and back inside

5. Reinstalling AE entirely

Please help, thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Inside the Effects & Presets panel, in options make sure "Show Effects" and "Show Animation Presets" are selected.
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.51.28 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an effects & presets pane in the standard AE layout.  Check it out.  You'll find the presets there.  You won't find them in the dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The typewriter effect isn't in the Effects & Presets panel either unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's under Presets>Text>Animate In

Try using the search bar in the effects and presets panel.  Start typing in "typewriter"

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inside the Effects & Presets panel, in options make sure "Show Effects" and "Show Animation Presets" are selected.
Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 12.51.28 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2017 Mar 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem here. Show Effects and Show Animations is active of course. But in the Effect and Animations Tab under Text, there is only Timecode and Numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are looking in Effects. What you are looking for are the animation presets for text. This is an entirely different thing. They are not accessed through the Effects menu. You find them by looking in the Animation menu. You can browse or find them by name using the first four options, find them in Bridge (Bridge / AE interface may be buggy) or by looking at the Effects and Presets Panel which is found in several of the standard workspaces on the far right side of the UI or opened by using the Window>Effects & Presets menu or, as shown there, by using the Ctrl/Cmnd + 5 keyboard shortcut:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 6.36.20 AM.png

Animation Presets are right at the top of the Effects & Presets Panel:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 6.38.59 AM.png

You have to spin them open to find the text animators or search for them using the search field:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 6.43.06 AM.png

Then you have to spin open the folders:

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 6.43.50 AM.png

There are hundreds of animation presets.

If you plan on using After Effects spend you need to spend some serious time becoming intimate with the UI. Just like your lover, it has it's own set of problems, but the really good stuff can only be found if you spend some serious time paying attention.

If you are new please start here: Basic AE​ and start using the Search Help field at the top right corner of the UI. It's more friendly than Google and way more efficient than the user forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh, i found it. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick! I finally found them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2018 Jul 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and none of these answers solved my issue.  any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the options are displayed under Animation Presets then under the text dropdown. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, same problem here. No solution found yet. 
I don't have any folder in my Effect pannel, all the effects are just there. No animation presets, and of course, no text effects.  

Capture d’écran 2019-11-14 à 15.44.27.png

I have the last version of After Effect. 

(Sorry for the bad English, french here...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2023 Mar 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2.png

Screenshot .png

It would helpful to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines