• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Keeps Moving Any Non-alphanumeric Character to the Right

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is a bug, or if I'm just not intelligent. Any time I type a line of text using the horizontal typing tool starting with a non-alphanumeric character (ie, things like "&", "[", "<") they end up at the end of the line. as suchm it renders things like "& life ready" as "life ready&" which is infuriating.

Does anyone know why this is happening? I really would love to not have to make a separate text element for every special character that I use..As it shows.pngText as I typed.png

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never see that issue and just tried to replicate it and it works in the expected way.

Is there any text animator or plugin, script or expression you've got going on that might explain that?

It feels like something "javascript-y" might be separating the characters and then joining them back up, but special characters are breaking it.

One option, are you using a text box?  Could the & be on a new line, but there's no line spacing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a clean install of 23.1. I don't have any plugins installed, nor am I using any expressions. 
The steps I take to reproduce this are as follows:

• open AE
  • create new composition, 1920x1080 59.94fps
  • select horizontal text typing tool
  • type any single line of text beginning with a special character, the first character types correctly but then all additional characters appear to the left of the special character.

I'm also now noticing that special characters at the end of the line appear at the beginning as well, ie, "Life Ready &" gets rendered as "& Life Ready". Changing any of the paragraph alignment settings doesn't have any effect nor does changing the font face or size.

Mildly infuriating that it behaves this way, but at least it saves me from needing a separate text element for the special characters,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check your language and text composer settings in the character panel and preferences. Could be that the glyph substitution stuff is messed up or uses RTL writing.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines