• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text layers are painfully slow to work with.

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to drag a text layer of type in it, everything happens with a huge delay. 2 secs today. Shouldn't be a problem fixing this in 2019…

Also, rendering simple script-animated text plate with a solid bg color could take up to 20 minutes. I have pretty good Macbook Pro i7.

BUT then, if I construct a cool Sci-Fi space scene in Element 3D (3rd party AE plugin), with several textures and lights and a depth of field camera in it, renderind could take less time! How??! .

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Hi pasiv and matteociaociao,

This shouldn't be happening. I haven't heard about this in the community that much. I'd recommend that you file a bug on our UserVoice platform so that others can upvote it. It's also the best way to share your feedback with the After Effects team. Here is the link: After Effects: Hot (1659 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your findings.

On this "It remembers the settings from the last one and this corruption is getting passed on to the new element like some hereditary disease." - that's an interesting observation. I've now run into this problem 2-3 times since the original popped up... I couldn't determine how Faux Bold got turned off, as I never use it. After finding this thread, turned it off and the speed returned.

A month later, working with this same file - BOOM, faux bold is now randomly BACK ON for no reason at all. At least this time around, I immediately knew where the render speed was being killed and was able to quickly correct it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines