• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thai font issues (Accent marks)

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to translate a video to Thai from English (among many other languages).  I get documents from the translator in Microsoft Word, in "Angsana New" and the Thai font looks great (meaning, any accents that are stacked above a character are correct).  However, when pasted into Adobe After Effects, the accents get "crushed down". 

Here is an example:

CORRECT THAI

Correct Thai.png

INCORRECT THAI

Incorrect Thai.png

Any assistance would be great!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

I had a similar issue with inDesign using Adobe Thai. If you change the paragraph settings to World Ready Single Line (or paragraph) composer, the accents align in the correct place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to preference>type>text engine set to south Asian and Middle Eastern option

Then while selecting the text go to paragraph panel go to its options and reset it. This should work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may need to restart AE after making these changes to make it work properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a year late, but I was having the same issue and this didn't help. Instead, I switched my tracking from Optical Allignment to Metrics (I prefer using Optical most of the time for english) and it fixed everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue with inDesign using Adobe Thai. If you change the paragraph settings to World Ready Single Line (or paragraph) composer, the accents align in the correct place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of these are working for me - My font remains squished down 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too. Years later, this is still an issue. What do we pay for? Could care less about AI if I simply can't cut and paste Thai text for our CEO. Also, the "Middle Easter & South Asian" composers are missing from the paragraphs menu as shown here - https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/asian-scripts.html - 🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines