• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The latest After Effects version says my intel graphic 4600 isn't supported, should i upgrade?

Participant ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I tried to upgrade to the latest version of After Effects, but was met with an error stating my Intels Graphic 4600 isn't supported.  I tried the fix recommendation but was met with an additional error stating that my pc doesn't meet the minimum requirements. I think that is because my cpu is a 4th generation intel i7 and the fix is for more modern cpu's.  I'm also assuming that Adobe no longer supports these older cpu's given the error.

My question is should i upgrade to the latest Intel i7 Cpu or does it even matter that my cpu internal graphics isn't supported?  I have a gpu gtx 2060 installed.  Will i run into problems if i just ignore the message, or should i upgrade?  I don't know, let me know your thoughts it will help. 

Thanks,

Chris

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you need to upgrade your CPU to avoid the warning. After Effects (and Premiere Pro) seems to claim Intel HD Graphics 5000 or higher.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/drivers-video-win-intel.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines