• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Photoshop operation failed

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On updating my Adobe apps to the latest version (15.1.0 build 166) (from 11.0.4), After Effects gives the following errors on opening existing files (after it has converted them to the latest version): "The Photoshop library operation failed". The AE projects comprise Photoshop sequences. If I click on a sequence I get the error: "After Effects error: (83::2)".

The files all worked fine in the previous (11.0.4) version of AE.

The individual Photoshop files in the sequences open fine in Photoshop.

Premiere won't play sequences with the AE tracks 'on', but will if the AE track output is 'off'.

If I create a new AE Project and try to import the sequence of Photoshop files, I get the "83::2" error and nothing is imported.

Running on Windows 10, 64 bit, 32Gb RAM, i7-6700K, NVidia GTX980Ti + GTX670.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Hi Finnborg-Braga,

Looks like others have already filed a bug report. Kindly add your comments and vote to the report: BugL: AE v15.1 breaks photoshop sequences – Adobe video & audio apps

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Supplemental:

I have installed the previous version of After Effects (AE 2017 aka v14.2.1.34), and the sequences work fine in that.

So, something has been broken in AE v15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. I cant go further with my work.

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the real experts will see your post and figure out what is going on. 

If iI had your problem I’d try making small changes to the Ps files renaming them and see if that helps.  The other thing I’d try is bringing them in as another format, say PNG if you need alpha, tif if you don’t.

And having learned it the hard way means you won’t soon forget it- the real lesson should be never update Ae when you are in the middle of a project.

Adobe needs to have a ”Come to Jesus” meeting about error messages.  It seems like they use lawyers who write arms control treaties to write them. 

Bon chance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way out. Tried everything with psd file, it looks like a layer loading bug or smtg.

My workflow is compromised and can't accomplish my deadline, this huge bugs is not what I would expect from adobe.

I'm losing a lot of time and money, i'll try to revert to previous versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further testing reveals that the Photoshop sequence bug was not present in AE v15.0.1, and so was introduced in v15.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Finnborg-Braga,

Looks like others have already filed a bug report. Kindly add your comments and vote to the report: BugL: AE v15.1 breaks photoshop sequences – Adobe video & audio apps

Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines