• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The timelimes of the last layers of my composition remain invisible (not hidden)

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2017 Dec 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue as this lady https://forums.adobe.com/message/8282521#8282521 (back in 2015 - unsolved).

The timelines of the last layers of my composition became insivible (not hidden or out of space or anything): there are "here" since my composition is still working while surfing through it but that's it. When I use some shortcuts to see the properties of the layers, the key frames of the layers appear but the timelines remain invisible.

Could you help me? I tried to contact support and they took control of my computer but they only changed my workspace and didn't fix my problem.

Thanks (and sorry if I made some grammatical mistakes: I'm French).

About my computer:

RAM: 16 Go / Windows 10 / Graphic card: Intel® HD Graphics 620 / Last version of After Effects CC.

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make your After Effects workspace less than full screen, are you able to see the bottom layers when you scroll down?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. This is a known issue which I believe is related to the the graphics card meeting its limit. I sent a Bug Report and received some technical info which I can't recall at the moment.

If you look at your Timeline, you can see that you've got a ton of layers. If it's important that you select those 'missing' layers then SHY some layers.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that but nothing changed? Thanks anyway...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you Shy a fair number of layers, did you also enable the Composition Shy Button? The idea is to lower the number of layers displayed in the Timeline.
As I've mentioned, this issue has to do with your system having maxed out the display capabilities of your GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know, sorry. How can I enable this button?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got to learn to Google or better yet, use the HELP feature in AE.

Managing layers in After Effects

The Shy feature in AE is made up of Shy switches for each layer and a main Shy Button for the Comp. This Button will affect Shied Layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I created this topic and even before I contacted support, I've been searching for a solution on my own and I've been reading the articles about AE provided by Adobe (both in English and French).

I still have some difficulties to understand AE, even with Adobe's help: apparently, this means I must be a stupid person who can't Google to you: well, sorry if I bothered you, I thought the purpose of this forum was to get some help. My bad.

Thanks for your help anyway and have a good day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your difficulty is because you are learning. It's not because you receive FREE assistance!
If you cannot use the HELP feature and you have issues using Google then what do you actually expect from someone who has spent precious time to help you out and provided you with a viable solution???

The fact that you spent time hitting out at someone willingly trying to help you - TO HELP YOURSELF, for this occasion and other occasions, in the future. Do you actually have something positive to share??? Did the advice provided help you OR NOT?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, changing the workspace has no effect whatsoever...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines