• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This has to be one of the most moronic software out there.

Participant ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's literally impossible. 21st century. Year 2023 almost. Feels like video editing was invented yesterday. Thank goodness video editing is not and never will be my job.

I just want to convert a sequence of images into a video. Simple no? I think any phone app can do it easily.

Let me see.

30 images. I want 10 second video. 3 frames per second.

1. Create composition. 3 frames per second. 10 seconds long.

2. Import images.

3. Drag image sequence import into lower window (whatever this step is for)

4. Press space to preview animation. Animation lasts 1 second and the remaining 9 seconds is all black. AMAZING. 

Also, who thought about this timeline? 00:01f ; 1:00f ; 1:02f ; 2:00f.

So you go from 1:00 to 1:02 and then jump to 2:00. People get paid for designing this?

I really don't know what am I looking at. Is it frames? It is seconds? Is it seconds and mili seconds? It is frames and seconds and milisecodns all together??

ShynnSup_0-1671167609843.png

All I see is my bluish-greeinish bar is up to 1:00f and it has to go to 10:00f

Despite I configuring the composition to be 3 frames per second and 10 second long. I get all frames in 1 single second and no way to edit it.

One would thin that maybe I could drag my bar to the end. But nooo. Try to drag and nothing happens.

This software man. Bravo.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might help if you actually read the online help. None of this is a flaw with AE. You just use it wrong and skipped a critical step by not re-interpreting your footage. The rest is not worth discussing. Frame counting is based on established industry standards and how the ruler populates is entirely based on the temporal zoom. Again, none of this is any problem and professionals have worked this way for decades. You just have wrong expectations and didn't study up on how the program actually works vs. your wrong assumptions about how it should work.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines