Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time stretching

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey hey guys,

Just another issue. I am trying to make 100 frames stretch out to a 30 min video but the time stretch just doesnt work or default to 4 mins. The time warp isnt helping either. When i import the frames i just want AE to populate the entire 30min timeline not just a few seconds.What am i missing here?

thanks

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a couple of options. The first option is to drop your footage in a 30-minute comp and go to the Layer/Time/Enable Time Remapping menu or use the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + t. This will add Time Remapping to the timeline and set a keyframe at the first frame of the footage and another one after the last frame, and it should extend the footage layer to the end of the 30-minute composition. All you have to do is drag the second keyframe to the end of the composition + 1 frame. 

The second option is to do some math and figure out a new interpolated frame rate for your composition. One hundred frames over thirty seconds is 0.3 frames per second. Select the footage in the Project panel and then use the File/Interpret Footage/Main menu or select the footage and use the keyboard shortcut Alt/Option + Ctrl/Cmnd + g. All you have to do then is set the frame rate to 0.3 fps, and the footage will now last thirty seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you.I will test these out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines