Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trace path Null is not working properly

Engaged ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am following a tutorial., there is happens like magic but my after effects works against me. :@

I want to apply 'trace path'  from creat null from paths. I converted the shape into bazier path, no stroke, no fill, put the anchor point in the middle. then select it and applied 'trace path'. problem is the null is not positioned on the path and on the top middle. (I want it on the top middle point of the path). then I want to be a  parent of another shape so that the shape moves around the path.

am so frustrated, what is am doing wrong? why my null is in that odd place? 

path.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing that you moved and scaled the Shape Layer before you applied Create Nulls From Paths/Trace Path. You have to move the paths around and change their size instead of moving the Shape Layer (or Mask layer).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

😮 you are so right. I wish I was as knowlegable as you are.  Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines