• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trace Path (Orbit)

Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I more a less know what to do now with the Motion Path. One problem I have is that when I create a 'Circle', then Trim Path, make the path a Vector. The 'Null' doesn't stick rigidly to the 'Circle' when add 'Trace Path'.

It's moves in a circle, but first slightly above the circle, then slightly in side the circle, than again slightly outside the circle at the end. What is it that I'm missing out?

The issue is when I created a shape using the Pen Tool, the Null fixes directly to the Path, then moves directly along the path. But when I use the Ellipse Tool to make a Circle, the Null doesn't automatically fix on the Circle, and does't move directly along the Circle.

Screenshot 1 (Null above circle)

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16.10.44.png

Screenshot 2 (Null inside circle)

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16.11.00.png

Screenshot 3 (Null ouside circle)

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 16.11.21.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by zeroing out your shape group transforms before any such operations and if it realyl bugs you, consider converting the circle to a regular path so the coordinates are treated as absolute.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do  I convert the Circle to a regular Path?

I've already (as mentioned in my original post) converted the Circle to a Vector. Does that make it a path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I held the shift key making a Circle, which converts the circle to a Path (I have previously made the circle in to a Path). And it's still not accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can right-click on the parametric shapes in the timeline to convert them. The rest isn't quite clear. You would need to show us the exact values in the timeline.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines