• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking works in After Effects, but not in Premiere

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm right clicking and selecting "Replace with After Effects Comp".

I do 3D Tracker Camera - Get my text in and make it look good

Everything moves correctly in After Effects

When I go back to Adobe the clip now has that Text I added HOWEVER it is just static in one spot, its not moving with the tracking like it is in AE.

To my understanding if I make it work in AE, it should work in premiere, been working on this for two days now, pretty frustrating. I tried to work around it by just rendering with the no loss mode, however all of those rendered clips, no matter what format, Premiere will NOT let me put them on my timeline no matter what I do. It literally just adds their audio, the entire thing is extremely annoying and has made it impossible for me to use Premiere. I don't think my hardware is going to be relevant here, I don't think thats the issue, but either way, I'm on a really good computer.

Any help is much appreciated thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like premiere is only seeing the "active camera" but I need it to be on the "tracker camera" is this my issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're linked to the wrong After Effects project or you haven't saved your AE project in order for the dynamic link to update. Also, make sure both applications are on the same CC version and updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or just export the shot from AE & import into PP.  You'll have to render it eventually, you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason it won't let me import the rendered version. I tried it in every format I cant get it into the timeline, its very odd. Everything is up to date I'm on a fresh install of windows and adobe. It seems to be linked since the text appears, it just doesn't move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE only renders the Active Camera. Take a screen grab of your Comp and another of your Timeline and post them here.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if changing the current Camera to Active Camera helps - see image below for the Camera Menu.

And in AE's Prefs Dialog, ensure the DL setting is the same as mine - see image below

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am using the 3d Tracker camera, it looks perfect in AE. I made my settings the same as yours, same results in premiere, it just stays where it is : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make the tracking camera my active camera or to link them? so as you can see the top one moves, but back in the timeline on the bottom, it just stays exactly where it is no matter where I am in the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The active camera view is the top camera in a comp. If there is only one camera in a view then it is the active camera. I don't see two cameras in the screenshot in AE, in fact, it looks like the in and out points of the camera are on the first frame. The layer is empty. Also, the text layer in the AE screenshot looks way out of place. In the Premiere Screenshot, it looks like the text is attached to the top of the shade structure.

I set up a track, chose an Origin and Ground Plane and added a camera and a reference solid which I resized to cover most of the ground, added the Grid effect, then made it a guide layer to check the accuracy of the track. Everything was good so I added some text on the back of the park bench. this is what the comp looks like:

Screenshot_2019-06-13 20.43.28_DMaYR7.png

Notice that I am showing all of the keyframes in the camera layer and that it is a solid color. To replicate the look of your screenshot I just slid the camera layer to the right. Notice that the layer is now blank and everything is out of position:

Screenshot_2019-06-13 20.45.27_9eTwwm.png

The first 3 and a half seconds of the timeline is the same color as your AE screenshot, empty. Select the camera layer, press U to look for keyframes, make sure that the in and out points for the camera match the in and out points for the layer and everything should be fine. There is no real reason to ever leave an AE comp with anything other than Active Camera selected.

Screenshot_2019-06-13 20.54.46_33VtdP.png

Also, it might be a good idea to undo the Create Comp from Camera you created in Premiere Pro, then complete the composite in AE and render the result to a suitable Mezzanine format (visually lossless production quality not MP4), then just drop the rendered shot right above the original shot in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines