• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim Path that follows a stop and go character...

Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I did solve my problem BUT there must be a better way? Yes?  I keyframed every stop and go.  If the character moved at a consistent speed, I would be able to move the line to the path of the character, but not if it moved and then stops and repeats.  Attached are two screen shots of the inners of my project and the 20 sec. clip...maybe I do have the only way to solve this...

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 3.26.39 PM.png

Here is the other screen shot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's actually no easy way, at least not with masks/ shapes. One would have to integrate the lengths between points and if the lines have the slightest curvature you'd need to figure in the Bèzier formula as well. In your case it probably would be a lot simpler if you created each line segment as a separate path, though. Then you can simply blend from 0 to 100 % without having to worry about figuring out intermediate values.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thnk you.  I do see your option and I didn't think of that.  Just wondering if the real solution was right in front of my face and I didn't see it.  Appreciate your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines