Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim transparent pixels to to match layer element

Contributor ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Forum.

I have an object in my AE canvas, which is 200pix x 200 pixs, And I need to export it as a PNG file. Is there a command like in photoshop which once you delete the background and see all the transparent pixesl, you go to the menu, Image> Trim. And makes a perfect trim around your selection?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  You could try and trim your comp, either manually or using the Regio of Interest. 

But it would be easier to just export from AE at the full comp size, then open in Photoshop and use the Trim function and re-save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply. Sure seems a bit tedious, but if it's the only way to do it then I'll have to give it a go.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seems like that but it is much less tedious than trying to do that in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If all I needed was a PNG file that was cropped to the visible pixels I would use Composition>Save Frame As>Photoshop Layers, open the PSD, select the appropriate layer and use Image Trim. It not only would be accurate, but it also would not take as much time as duplicating the comp, cropping the region of interest, adding the cropped comp to the Render Cue and exporting a single frame PNG. If you don't want the PSD file then you could select Composition>Save Frame As>Image which would add the whole comp to the Render Cue, then change the output module to render a PNG, then open the PNG in Photoshop and use the trim feature. I think the first option is the most efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines