Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type tool in After Effects isn't working

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My type tool in after effects (2023) isn't working. Fonts don't show up and the "canvas" seems to disappear. I have tried everything I can find in this support community as well as other sources. I have even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling. I still have the 2022 version and the type tool works fine. I have included a video. Any help would be great. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ed Schutte,

That's strange!

Have you tried resetting the preferences? If that doesn't work, go to File > Project Settings > change the renderer to Software Only.

toggle the renderer.jpg 

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Nishu. Unfortanutely it didn't work. I have been going back and forth between the 2022 and 2023 versions and I have noticed that If I try and use any tool on a comp, the comp seems to disappear. And if I select a tool and hover the curser over the comp the curser doesn't change to the tool. So if I select the pen tool and hover over the comp the curser remains an arrow.  But as soon as I click on the comp, the comp (in my case black rectangle) disappears. And once the comp dispears the tools appears as the tool I selcted. I hope this makes sense. This doesn't happen in the 2022 version. 

Thanks again for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the exact version of After Effects? (Here's how to check) Please also share your system specifications (OS version, CPU, GPU, RAM) and let us know if you're using a multiple display setup. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2023 Mar 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ishan,

When I openned up After Effects to find the exact version, I just decided to try the type tool. And now it works! I have no idea why. But I appreciate your response and adobes help. I would be happy to provide the version and system specs if you still want them. Thanks, Ed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that. Feel free to reach out and share them if it happens again. We'd love to investigate.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines