• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch saved After Effects project: The data file must be encoded as UTF8. (26::0)

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, 

I've got this error after I've reopen the saved file in my mac, the error appears when I 've saved the file hours ago and I can't open the project now.  Any idea what could be causing it abd how to fix the problem?

Thanks

Screenshot 2022-07-28 at 4.36.57 PM.png

 (Note: Subject edited by moderator)

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 28, 2022 Jul 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey petersing,

Sorry about the issue, Do you get this error with specific project files or all of them? Could you try creating a new project and importing your project into it? Also, let us know if you recently changed your system settings. We're here to help,

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2023 Aug 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem stays (after I tried importing it into an empty project) and still needs a resolution. I have worked on a project for the last month and now I can't start the most recent version only. It gives the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello 🙂

Is there already a fix for this issue? Recently updated AE in our company and the most important project file has that error message. Rollback to old AE is not possible and redoing the whole thing would take ages. The project is full of Unicode-Text-Elements where it draws information from. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the problem isn't the project file but a footage in it.

Have you imported/used an external footage such as a CSV or JSON file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was. The File references a lot of txt-Files that are for some reason not compatible anymore. I will now replace them with csv-files, but that also has had its issues. Still a big task because these text-files control almost everything, but better than having to redo all the coding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I also just received this error message and my project file will not open either. My file is also linked to a .csv. Has anyone found a way to open their file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ah, wait, I just resaved my csv file as a "csv UTF-8" and the file opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines