• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to 16.1 resulting in odd error for certain projects

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are attempting to open projects that were previously created w/ v16 and 16.0.1, and receiving an error upon open, preventing the project from opening.

After Effects error: Assert Failed in File:/Volumes/Builds/jenkins.mac/jobs/Effects_CompositeWizard_Mac/workspace/CWIL/osx/.../AEPlugin Lib/GlobalMgr.cpp, Line 336 (512) (25 :: 16). 

The path in the error has no connection to the actual path of the project, nor plugins used in the project.  This happens on different machines.  The path does not exist on the machines - there is no /Volumes/Builds...  Any Adobe staff have any ideas?  Downgrading to 16.0.1 resolves the issue and the project can open fine.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been onto RedGiant as this is a Composite Wizard compatibility issue.

This was there response

It appears you are running into an issue that we have started just seeing with the latest After Effects update. The current workaround for this is to revert back to 16.0 using the Creative Cloud app for the duration of the projects where Composite Wizard was applied.

Our engineers are looking for a resolution to this.

I'll keep you posted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update!  This is what I had to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the message in AE CC2019 "After Effects Warning: Effect control conversion required in effect "K". Some effect controls will be reset".

This is when loading an After Effects CC2018 project into After Effects CC2019. The only effect used in the project is "Keylight (version 1.2)".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting this problem as well. It's related to the projects that have Composite Wizard plugins used. I was able to remove all of the Composite Wizard plugins from the Mediacore folder and that lets me open my project. Of course, there will be missing effects for places that used Composite Wizard. Would be great if Red Giant would hurry up and fix that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this same issue at our agency now. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Temporary solution

1) Launch the AfterEffects CC 16.1.1.

2) Create a new composition and plane layer.

3) At the first, apply problem Composit Wizard effect.(Don't quit)

4) Open the project file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You!!! We'll give that a shot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2021 Aug 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man! It's 2021! And u still save my day! Awesome fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this problem as well and the comp doesn't have any Red Giant plugins used on it but I do have the entire RG suite including Universe installed. For now, it seems I can click Ok and the file opens. I'm also running Animation Composer, AE Juice and Motion Factory in case any of that helps fix it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue. Downgraded to 16.0.1 and they open now... but having to upgrade to 16.1.0 when i need to open newer projects using the new features (content aware fill etc...)

If there anyway to have them both installed so i don't have to spend all day up/downgrading???

Seems to be an adobe issue not a RG issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go into the creative cloud tool, click on the down arrow next to OPEN, then click on MANAGE and from there you should see other versions. For me, I see 16.1, 16.01 and 16.0. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue..adobe instructed me to update the plugin, but same issue as everyone here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me today. Hopefully swtiching back to 16.0 does the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution that worked for me:

On Mac went to Applications > Adobe After Effects CC 2018 > Plug-ins and moved all of the plugins out of there (save them in another location).

How I got the error in the first place: I had a project I was working on (AE 2019). Someone else that had worked on another project from an earlier version (2018) had a composition I wanted. When I imported their comp, it all worked fine so I thought I was good to go. I worked, saved and closed out. When I went back to work on my project that had the imported comp, I get this error in the original post. My suspicion is that since the imported project was an earlier version of After Effects it was trying to essentially open up two versions of After Effects at once. Maybe?

Regardless of how exactly, taking out plugins seemed to do the trick. In my case I had a trial of Boris Effects (they are called CC in the effects pane) so I was able to get rid of them and not need them back. I guess if you needed the plugins that you're taking out, perhaps you could put them back in one by one, open the project and check to see which is the offending one.

I hope this makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for me, thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2019 Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed an update from RG (using Red Giant Link). Image lounge & Composite Wizard now working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here, except mine with an image lounge resource. I have had this with other effects as well. the project opened earlier today, no image lounge effects have been added. Ican't reimport it. etc. I had this problem at least before in the last year. just updated to lastest AE, tried again. no luck. can't open any of my recent autosaves either. I think uninstalling and reinstalling plugins worked before, but this problem has been around and involves many plugins, which I don't believe are even used in the project. It seems to me to be an issue worth addressing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem! It has returned!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with the latest After Effects update. I think it's related to a RedGiant effect. But it basically renders the project file useless. I tried restarting my computer, the program, redownloading AE, etc. This is very frustrating. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this issue for the first time today, and upgrading from 18.0 to 18.1 worked for me.

My client gave me a project from another animator, and it won't open at all. According to the log, the project I'm trying to open has no references to Red Giant plugins. I'm on a Mac. The other artist is on a PC. Since this is a known, ongoing bug, it would be nice to see Adobe testing for this error before releasing new versions of the software. Red Giant plugins are incredibly common.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem in AE 18.4.1 using Big Sur. I had to roll back to 18.4 to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines