Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use expression selector to animate text out After Effects

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm pretty much a novice at using expressions in After Effects but I have this expression for animating the text on screen with a little bounce effect by using the animate position and adding an expression selector.

delay = .1; myDelay = delay*textIndex; t = (time - inPoint) - myDelay; if (t >= 0){ freq =2; amplitude = 100; decay = 8.0; s = amplitude*Math.cos(freq*t*2*Math.PI)/Math.exp(decay*t); [s,s] }else{ value }

Is it possibe to adjust the above code so that the same effect can be used to animate the text out at the end of the layer instead of in at the beginning?

Any help would be massively appreciated, I've been searching for an answer for 2 days.

If you need any more info from me just let me know.

Thanks all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the After Effects forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines