Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use the same Null and solid

Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys

I always use the same Null and solid for my project, it makes the project neater

I don't know if doing this will make any difference? I need some help 

Thanh !!!

Untitled.png

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Why should it make any difference? They are parametric items and AE doesn't really care. The real point really is just visual distinction with different parameters and sizes when you need to do so, but otherwise all AE does is create a blank buffer that acts as the canvas for effects (solids) or an empty, non-rendering buffer (Nulls). Even if you always use the same source items the inernal logic is not different. A "Solid 1" used 50 times in a comp incurs the same processing like using solids 1

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it make any difference? They are parametric items and AE doesn't really care. The real point really is just visual distinction with different parameters and sizes when you need to do so, but otherwise all AE does is create a blank buffer that acts as the canvas for effects (solids) or an empty, non-rendering buffer (Nulls). Even if you always use the same source items the inernal logic is not different. A "Solid 1" used 50 times in a comp incurs the same processing like using solids 1 through 50. It's under the hood stuff you should not concern yourself with too much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you asking about reducing the number of files in the Project Panel?   If so, File > Dependencies > Consolidate Footage will trim down all the identical solids and nulls.  I don't know if it makes any difference to file size or loading time, but it does give you a neater project bin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines