• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using AI to create a space scene in After Effects

Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI (or A.I.) is the new "game changer" tool available for digital artists. There's lots of possibilities to explore with its use and in this video I show how to get started with Midjourney. You need a Discord account first, which you can then use to sign up for an account with Midjourney and accept an invite to the Beta program.

Currently, you're allowed to generate 25 images for free, then you have to subscribe to the service (at the time of recording I'm on #19).

Once I had created a range of space images, I then started cutting them up using masks in After Effects to create a scene. Finally I arranged the images in 3D space so that I could get a sense of depth as I animated them.

I posted this video on YouTube a week ago and since then, I've had a bit of time to reflect.  I'm pleased with the overall result, but if I was actually create a shot like this for a production, I think I would have replaced all the foreground rocks with 3D rocks from either VC Element or Helium or C4D Lite etc...

Using Midjourney for concept art is probably where its strength lies rather than for asset generation.  I'm intrigued by its possibilities and will return to it when I need to.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While using AI tools such as DALL·E, Midjourney, and others is a hot topic of discussion these days, I like the final result, @ShiveringCactus!

Thanks for posting this tutorial.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines