• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VC++ 2010 & 2008 Express can't open example projects

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I was going to use the Premiere pro CS5 SDK to make effects when I was guided to start using the AE SDK instead because it would provide a better foudnation for making effects.

I can open all of the example/sample projects in the premiere pro SDK but when I try in the AE SDK this is what i get, in vc++ 2008, and 2010 :

http://i52.tinypic.com/24mrdc3.png

http://i55.tinypic.com/x3bgx4.png

I don't know what's wrong, I couldn't find anything by searching the forums, google, or the documentation. I am very anxious to start developing so if you could help that would be great!

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

i'm still working on an oldie system, so i'm not suggesting anything out of experience...

vs2005 requiered the installation of the PSDK (platform sdk), which contained all the libraries needed for windows programming.

on 2008 it was replaced by the "windows SDK", which is supposed to be installed automatically.

is it installed on your system?

is VS configured to look into that path?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2010 Dec 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm still working on an oldie system, so i'm not suggesting anything out of experience...

vs2005 requiered the installation of the PSDK (platform sdk), which contained all the libraries needed for windows programming.

on 2008 it was replaced by the "windows SDK", which is supposed to be installed automatically.

is it installed on your system?

is VS configured to look into that path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LoopStan,

The error about missing configurations probably has to do with the 64-bit configurations in the AE CS5 SDK.  When you install Visual Studio, you'll want to make sure that you install the 64-bit compiling options, which are not checked in the installer settings by default.

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I couldn't find any settings for the  64bit in the web install, so i'm trying the offline one to see if it will give me options. I do have the windows SDK installed, but it's probalby an older version, so i'll install these two things then edit on how it works. Thanks for the replys, i love this community

Edit 1:

Does this mean that the Premiere Pro CS5 SDK isn't specific to 64bit, since it worked?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that the Premiere Pro CS5 SDK isn't specific to 64bit, since it worked?

Good question.  Yes, the Premiere Pro CS5 SDK has both 32-bit and 64-bit configurations, since certain plug-in types such as players, exporters, and importers built using that SDK can be used in Encore CS5, which is 32-bit only.

Zac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha! That makes a lot more sense. Well I've installed the Win 7.1 SDK and VS2010 again, and I'm able to open the projects now Thanks for the help, I haven't used the windows SDK in forever! Can't wait to start deving!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines