• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector masking After effects

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2022 Apr 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to do a whac a mole animation in After effects, but i'm not sure how to approach the holes they rise out of. Similar to thisI'm trying to make it look like the mole is actually going inside the hole layer, without it showing around the actual hole. I hope this makes sense.

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.58.24 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you should use track matte mask for the area where you want to hide the mole, check this link to learn more about the track matt mask

https://www.schoolofmotion.com/blog/how-to-use-track-mattes-after-effects 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

Thank you. I'm made the pieces in illustrator and imported them over. So shoild the track matt mask be applied to the holes, or the actual ground?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You set up a layer above the top cut out to fit the bottom of the hole above the layer with the animal and use that layer as an Alpha Inverted track matte. This series of screenshots should help. The basic scene:

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.58.42 PM.pngThe Track Matte layer (red):

Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.58.52 PM.png

The Trak Matte applied using Alpha Inverted:Screen Shot 2022-04-23 at 11.59.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines