• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VFX Question

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright. So this may not be the right place to publish this BUT it could be a chance for you guys to flex your problem solving skills.

So, I have a shot which has two subjects (dressed as soldiers wearing green) standing in a field surrounded by greenery in tall grass. Currently trying to composite an element between them and the tall grass. Is this possible to do in a clean way? I have tried luma mattes, threshold tricks, extraction, and a few other things. Is there a clean way to separate these guys and the tall grass in front of them? It seems as though something like the refine edge tool might do the trick if it were applicable but I'm not quite sure if it can be implemented here. Looking for any help, hopefully there's a trick/technique I'm missing. Harder things have been Roto'd. I just need to figure out how.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing the shot it's really hard to figure out the best way to pull a matte. There are a bunch of techniques from monkeying with levels and colors to rotobrush or rotoscope. Post a frame or two of the video and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction. If you can't post the video then explain exactly what is going on in the frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the Rotobrush tool? Or Mask Tracking?

Angie Taylor | http://www.creativecabin.co.uk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 02, 2017 Sep 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could also add new layer(s) of grass to the shot and put the element between those layers and the original. So while this wouldn't be behind the original grass, it would be in front of the people and behind the added layer(s) of grass.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GjHobbs,

Sorry for this issue. Did you ever find a solution? Please let us know if our experts’ advice helped you or if you still need help.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines