• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video export playing weirdly// Do I need Adobe Meida Encoder to solve the issue?

Participant ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

When I export a video from AE, the video plays weirdly on VLC. The effects don't show; the entire range of motion is absent.

Do I need Adobe media encoder to solve the issue?

I'm using AE 2020 and Mac Ventura 13.4.

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, please provide more information.  

Describe exactly how the video playback looks.  Is it stuttering?  Just a still frame?  Do you see any motion at all?

Are you defintiely rendering the correct composition?  It's easy to accidentlly render a precomp or other footage item if you have it selected in the project window when you send to the render queue.

What format are you rendering to, including resolution, frame rate and codec?  A coomon error is rendering to a lossless format that creates files so large that your system or hard drive can't reliably play it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for replying. I'm just starting out with AE. 
The two options: Render Settings and Output Module have other settings within which are a tad bit confusing to me. However, I messed around with the output and render settings and successfully exported a file that could be played through QuickTime Player. But still, the animations weren't functioning- it was just a still image.
Should I play around with all the settings so that I could have the desired output? Or, if you could point me towards the right direction with regard to exports then I'd really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of the whole interface, including timeline and project window.  Select any layers that have animation applied and press UU to reveal all the keyframes.

Also, re-post your pic of the render settings, but twirl down all the settings (Render Settings and Output Module) so we can see exactly what you're outputting.

As a general rule, rendering with the Lossless Output Module can create files that are so huge that many players can't play them.  Try rendering to ProRes422 or MP4/H264 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find those render options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi!

I rendered it with Quicktime DV pal 48khz. its working fine now! 
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines