• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the best laptops for after effects in 2024?

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to upgrade my laptop. I am currently using Macbook air 2017 with 8GB RAM. After effects running very slow on this machine. I am thinking to upgrade to Macbook Pro M3 Pro 18GB RAM. Please feel free to suggest any better laptop.

TOPICS
FAQ , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of thise meet minimum spec for after effects. After effects has become more intensive as they keep adding features and fixes, but ignore refactoring it. Try Davinci resolve. It has a "fusion" mode for simple VFX. It's free, so worth a try if you're trying to upgrade to escape software woes. Sometimes it's worth a software upgrade, not a hardware one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, 8GB of RAM is not enough for After Effects. After Effects minimum requirements are now at 16GB of RAM, which should be fairly ok but it is really a minimum for any extensive work.

A lot depends on how you're going to use After Effects. For some simpler work you may be fine with 16GB of RAM M3.

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

simpler works as in what ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines