• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What does square brackets around a comp name mean?

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am editing a template and it seems I screw some part up. Comparing the edited version and the original version the only visible difference I could spot is that the editable version now has a square bracket around its name.

As seen below:

Screenshot 2021-08-21 at 16.49.41.png

Does this mean anything? Why are the square brackets now there?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

At the top of the timeline panel, the column with the names in is showing Layer Name.  If you click that it changes to source name.  Any layer can be renamed by selecting it and hitting ENTER.  The square brackets denote that the layer hasn't been renamed in the comp and is the original name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At the top of the timeline panel, the column with the names in is showing Layer Name.  If you click that it changes to source name.  Any layer can be renamed by selecting it and hitting ENTER.  The square brackets denote that the layer hasn't been renamed in the comp and is the original name. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines