• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is this codec (MXF OP1a AVCI 100) in AE CC 2015? I need help fast!

Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the following very carefully and don't misinterpret anything I say; this is extremely important!  I made a bad mistake, and I need help fast!  Back in CC 2014, I would render out my comps using some codec I'm unsure of.  The final product was some MXF file.  Here's an example of a file I rendered back in AE CC 2014 as described by the properties panel in Premiere Pro CC 2015:

File Path: D:\4) Videos\Video Game Videos\SSBU\Bowser's Redemption\Bowser's Redemption.mxf

Type: MXF

File Size: 21.89 GB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 59.94

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 24 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:13:38:22

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Created with: Adobe After Effects CC 2014 (Windows)

MXF File details:

Wrapper type: MXF OP1a (type: SingleItem SinglePackage MultiTrack Stream Internal)

File generated by: Adobe Systems Incorporated, After Effects (13.2x49)

AVCI 100

I do not know if this codec was already installed in CC 2014 by itself of if I installed it on my own.  I know I installed Avid Codec LE back in CC 2014, and that may have given me access to render out composition using that AVCI 100 codec to become an MXF file, but when I reinstalled Avid Codec LE with CC 2015, I cannot find where to use this codec (AVCI 100) ANYWHERE.  I need to use this codec because my file space is limited and I cannot export lossessly from After Effects and Dynamic Link is a massive failure when it comes to the final render.  I MUST get this codec back into After Effects so I can start rendering with it again, but I have no idea where to find it IF it is already installed OR how to install it if it is not!  I need help and fast!  Also, the codec may be called AVC Intra 100, I'm not sure if that's different.

To sum this up in one sentence, what is everything I have to do to render out my composition as an MXF file using the OP1a AVCI 100 Codec in After Effects CC 2015?  I'm so lost and in such a hurry that I really need a step by step guide at this point.  Please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reply to this post because you have included more data into your statement then your following post.

I do not render out of After Effects (not for a while), I import my After Effects project into Premiere and render my AE comp out of Premiere.

When I simulate export out of After Effects, I get the 'add to Adobe Media Encoder Queue', which launches Media Encoder 2015.1 build 9.1.0. 163

my dynamic link server opens the 'Export Settings' window and with my export settings> format - I see your MXF OP1a and a long list of selectable presets

Did you update your Media Encoder?

I paste link to Media Encoder Help - What's New November 2015 here, but not what you are looking for pertaining to confirmation Media Encoder Help | New features summary

I paste link to Media Encoder Help - New Features Summary June 2015 here. but also not confirmation of your quest confirmation Media Encoder Help | New features summary

but, on that last link, there is another link to Export Settings Reference and I paste link here Media Encoder Help | File formats supported for export

you will read your MXF OP1a there, and think in the presets, your AVC- Intra Class 100 will have what you are looking for but I do not see a 59.94 fps though, so not exactly sure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm rendering (exporting) directly within After Effects because Dynamic Link and Adobe Media Encoder take significantly (two to three times) longer to render.  Yes, I did update Media Encoder, but I'm trying to render (export) directly within After Effects CC 2015I have both CC 2014 and CC 2015 installed at the same time now, and (within After Effects) you can see the MXF OP1a in this picture (CC 2014):

myPENSI.png

and you can see that it's missing in CC 2015:

rt8SFx3.png

I'm not sure why it is in CC 2014 but it's not in CC 2015.  I appreciate the help, but I still don't understand why it's gone.  I just have to render using CC 2014 to work around this, but I NEED to make sure that Adobe brings MXF OP1a back in later versions of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - i understand and see mine is now same as yours - not myself checking 2014, but processing time did increase for me also - only in H.264 codec, but i saw my gpu cpu harmony split, cpu relax and gpu spit.

choice for me was to save in 2015 as CC (12), but updating Media Encoder didn't help that backwards compatibility with respect to trying to utilizing the export harmony.

i still have AE 2014, but going the slower render route.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wonder if its like finding the folder containing the render format in 2014 and copy and pasting the needed content into the same spot in 2015?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please refer Link :-

what’s new and changed in the After Effects CC 2015 (13.6) update | After Effects region of interest

The MXF OP1a format has been removed from the After Effects render queue.To export to MXF OP1a you can use media encoder .(

If you have a supported graphics card in your machine , please make sure that you are selecting GPU acceleration

in the drop-down in Media Encoder (To speed up the process )

)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2017 Mar 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kumar Sonal

This is a very bad "Downgrade"  upgrade my CS6 >CC2017

and now VERY unhappy that I cant render MXF directly within AE

Will it come back soon ??????

Regards

Flemming

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to resurface this again as it is starting to piss me off that we once had and now no longer have no native export of MXF. It is fast becoming the new standard for delivery as well intermediate file types yet we still have to rely on the ageing quicktime format when it comes to AE.

Please do not direct me to Media Encoder. I think I can speak for many others as well as myself in saying that until exporting via ME become as instantaneous as exporting through AE's own Render Queue than it is not a viable solution. While we're on the subject, please bring back native MP4 export support. All I need is something quick I dirty I can use as a client approval file - sometimes we don't always need the plethora of options and increased quality that ME brings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  This is a serious issue that, in addition to the lack of multiprocessing, is really forcing me to stay on AE CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I second this. I need to export it natively in MXF, doing the slow AF conversion / render is AME is whack. Adobe what gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines